Friday, July 2, 2021

Homes


 During adulthood I have had four residences with very special memories.



Mayfair Apartments
Sampson Avenue
Dyersburg, TN



Crates, bricks, and boards were part of my decorating in those early days.
 


The apartment was where I lived from 1970 until 1977.





This clipping from a magazine was the inspiration for my second home.
I was amazed that this dream house became a reality.

Upper Finley Road
Dyersburg, TN


It is fascinating to watch a house being built.





The kitchen and den were the best features downstairs. And of course, I loved that it was a two-story.

Remember that magazine article. I wanted shelves in the kitchen just like it showed. I liked the shelves, bay window, and wallpaper. 



Well, I got the two shelves, the bay window, and wallpaper my dad hung.
I loved the oak table and chairs and light fixture near the bay window.

Here I am in front of the den fireplace that had a huge log for the mantel.


 Birthday parties for Ryan and Lauren and Christmas holiday memories were made in this house where I lived from 1977-1989.





 Next is the third home.

3898 Simmons Road
Drummonds, TN

A favorite feature of this double-wide modular trailer was the stone fireplace in the den.


Also the section between the living room and dining room was quite high and could accommodate a very tall Christmas tree.






The pond behind the house was a favorite spot for walks in all seasons.
From 1989-2004 many memories were made here as Jo, Jason, Ryan, Lester, and Lauren were growing up.



Home#4 is where I live now.


I miss the hedge that lined the circular drive. Unfortunately some of the shrubs were getting old and dying.

3469 Simmons Road
Drummonds, TN



From 2004-2021 we have enjoyed this location with great gatherings of kids and grandkids. 
On Christmas Eve we try to get a family picture in the den.
This was our group in 2019.



The saying is true.
 "Home is where the heart is."


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...