Monday, June 28, 2021

No Pictures

 For some reason I didn't feel the urge to snap pictures. But two recent June days provided special memories. On Thursday we visited son Ryan at his rental house in Memphis and took him to lunch at The Arcade Restaurant. Then on Saturday my brother was here for a visit. Within both visits there were conversations that brought up parts of the past. Some recollections were happy, and others were painful. Our lives are definitely shaped by experiences with relatives and friends. With age I have a better understanding of family dynamics, the choices made, and the subsequent happenings. When you're little, it's impossible to know the full story. Even now there's much that is unknown. But my grandparents, uncles, aunts, and parents had interesting lives and formed the foundation of my own life story.  

If you're reading this I'm thankful that you have been a part of my journey. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...