Friday, June 4, 2021

Old Pots

 I was inspired by Natalie Kolter/ Vintage Porch on Instagram to try her amazing technique of turning cheap vases and glassware into old-looking pottery.


I chose this cheap vase at Goodwill to try this project.


After spray painting it black I added my first layer of color.


Adding salt or baking soda to the paint gives it extra texture.





I'm not sure what the final look will be like.
I am letting it dry between layers.
I do know Natalie's vases have a wonderful aged appearance.
I'm hoping to achieve that look.

3 comments:

Shami Immanuel said...

The pot in the beginning is lovely. Yours is also going to be a one like that.

mary Eldred said...

i have done this many times for resale. It is so much fun to do.
Love Ya

BitsAndPieces said...

I liked this project so much I picked up
two more inexpensive pieces at Goodwill
yesterday and look forward to transforming
them. Then I will have a grouping of three
"ancient" vessels.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...