Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Art on the Brain

 At times I wish so much that I had seriously studied art in high school and college. But making art for a pastime is rewarding, too. Many of the ideas I get for art come from Pinterest images by very accomplished artists. 

When my brother liked an abstract on my "studio" wall, I gave it to him and had to replace it with something else. A Pinterest painting helped me solve my empty space.


This photo shows the wall in 2018.  

This 2021 photo shows the wall now.





My brother chose the entry of his condo for the abstract.



Yesterday was a Goodwill treasure hunting day. I saw a four dollar rustic frame that I considered for one of my paintings. Inside the frame was a picture of a barn. But after learning someone named Jeannette Priebe had painted it in April of 2005 I may leave this art piece in the frame.




I have some blank canvases that are calling my name. But yipes, I have too many finished ones now. I'm sure my feeble attempts will end up at Goodwill or in the trash. Actually that's okay with me. I had the pleasure of creating.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...