Thursday, November 8, 2018

Strange Attraction

For years I kept a large Alex Blum print of a bookstore. In and out of storage it acquired a small tear. With its noticeable flaw I decided it was time to part with it and sold that framed print from my booth. Well, as you know from an earlier post I was gifted a smaller Alex Blum print of an antiques shop from a dear friend. I started to regret letting my other print go. So I put Alex Blum prints on my eBay watch list. After many months one turned up. The starting bid was one dollar, and to my utter surprise I won it at that price. Shipping was six dollars so my seven dollar purchase arrived today. For now I'm displaying the two prints on the den mantel.


I really don't like the man figure in the prints, but do love the bookstore and antique settings.

I have them placed on the mantel to hide the awful vents I've talked about before. I'm already pondering how can I decorate this mantel for Christmas. 

Are you Christmas decorating before or after Thanksgiving this year? I am making myself wait, but I do understand why others want an early start on the beauty and sparkle of holiday decorating. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...