Tuesday, December 15, 2020

The Days Before Christmas

 This Christmas will be like no other. Decorating has helped, but there is a void  without family and friends celebrating together. However, there has been time to focus on that very first Christmas and the true meaning of Christmas.



This nativity was a wedding gift in 1971.
The angel did not come with it. It was an angel my mother had.




The mail brings one or two cards each day. I'm using two letter holders this year.



The larger one gets traditional Christmas cards.
The smaller one gets photo Christmas cards.





Each day I get to enjoy this collection of special cards. I placed them on the top of the washstand that's in the hall. My friend Mary has given me card treasures through the years.




I keep finding ways to add a few small decorative touches during these pre-Christmas days.





This kitchen window garland I made several years ago. 
The idea came from a 2003 Home Companion magazine.
How I miss that publication!


Thanks for coming by. 
Let's focus on Christmas joys each day.

2 comments:

mary Eldred said...

I love how you put small Christmas items on ribbons and in pots and cups. I would love to be there to look and ponder over each one. I have not decorated this year. No one will be coming by until Christmas Eve. We will head to the cabin Christmas Day so it would all have to come down. So this year I will enjoy your decorations. Thanks for posting

BitsAndPieces said...

Decorating has helped me get through these trying days.
Thanks for liking my posts, Mary. Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...