Monday, August 13, 2012

Young and Old

For most of the day I enjoyed the company of this little guy. He will be in his kindergarten class every day starting tomorrow. I'll miss my little sidekick.




Later in the day I saw my mother. Although tired she smiled sweetly for me for this picture.  

I miss our long talks at her kitchen table, our shopping trips, our sharing of ideas, our years of close companionship.

 A few days ago I hung this note on her closet as a gentle reminder about her clothes and as a daily reminder that she is loved. 


We have such a short time here on earth. We don't realize that when we're young and healthy and carefree. We believe we have all the time in the world.

As we age we give more thought to the next life. Our faith in eternal life is put to the test. Yesterday at our small church it was Homecoming. We had a special song and word service by The Finchers, a well-known gospel group.  The message was like those I heard when I was growing up. Simple yet powerful. For the young and old.


2 comments:

Joy said...

Such a sweet little boy!

Love that you leave your mother notes. I'm starting to do the same with my husband. We never appreciate our youth, but it's amazing to appreciate God in our aging years.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Nich is getting so big!nWe can't wait to see him in Nov.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...