Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Shops on the Square

It was a perfect day to shop on Covington's downtown square. The Hadley House is the newest addition to the antique shops on the square. Right upon entering there is a display of dangling old-fashioned school learning cards. Lots of interesting arrangements line the walls and center of the store. It didn't take me long to spot something I liked. Because it was on a high shelf and the price was not within view, I asked the person in charge to take down the oil painting and check on its price. Twenty dollars was the asking price, and I was delighted by that.  






My friend Linda and I headed to Upscale Resale next. We scoured both floors in this shop. Here it was easy to spend a couple of hours.

        
We took time out to eat a late lunch. It was good to sit down, listen to the live piano music, and munch on our tasty sandwiches.

                                     Loved the tiny lights on the branches...a note on the arrangement explained that the lighted branches had been found in Franklin, TN.


Hats off to the merchants on Covington Square. They have made the square a fun destination for antiques, unique gifts, art, and more. I've shown you a few special shops, but there are others to be explored.  Shopping at a big mall may be nice, but I prefer small town quaint shops that offer all kinds of treasures.
  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...