Monday, January 19, 2009

Sharing Memories



My eldest son drew my name for Christmas and gave me something that was perfect for me. Yesterday and today I loaded favorite pictures onto a memory card. His gift was a digital photo frame. Watching the images flow across the screen brought to mind many happy holidays and events as well as ordinary happenings...and how fast the young ones in the family are growing. Two grandsons Garrett and Gunner spent the day with us and got the biggest kick out of watching past times such as tossing leaves in the air, posing in Halloween costumes, climbing trees, and more. There's nothing better than sharing memories with the ones you love. Although I am quite taken with this new gadget, I will continue to print pictures and add them to the family albums. I will continue to print extra copies and place them in bowls on coffee tables. In Mary Emmerling's book Quick Decorating there's a lovely blue and white bowl brimming with photographs. The caption says, " Instead of storing pictures away in boxes or albums, why not keep them out in a bowl for browsing?" I took her advice a few years ago and have witnessed kids and grandkids leafing through pictures in my open containers. It does my heart good to see that young and old appreciate family memories and ties.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...