Monday, January 26, 2009

Collecting






One of my very first collections was butter pats. It happened like this. I had stopped at an antique sale near Martin, Tennessee. The lady was selling a few large pieces from her home. In a wonderful country kitchen there was a slender shelf unit that held a huge collection of butter pats. . . row upon row of these little beauties. I had never seen anything like it. I was hooked from that day forward. Finding pretty butter pats became my mission. It proved to be harder than I had imagined. Condition, price, colors, and patterns had to be taken into account. I was also very picky. . . only certain ones passed that test all collectors know -"Must have it! It's too special to leave behind." Then, too, I preferred the ones made in England. Later came the arrival of eBay with other wonderful choices. My small collection of butter pats has brought me years of pleasure. I love looking at them!
My space for collectibles is just about full, but I wish you
HAPPY COLLECTING!
Sandy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are so precious Sandy! Thanks for your visit to my blog :)

Joy
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...