Sunday, April 28, 2019

Memphis Visit

It was good to see my brother and his new place. I liked his Audubon residence
in a private gated community. While there I noticed two things in particular that brought back memories.
My dad carved this horse out of tin and attached it to our mailbox when we lived in Swartz, Louisiana. Back then we had a horse named Ginger and kept her on our six acres. My brother mounted this keepsake onto a piece of driftwood and has it nicely displayed.

This India ink sketch was done by me. Years ago I gave it to Ron as a Christmas gift. It was nice to see it hanging with some other art works. 


I enjoyed other background stories to pieces he has collected over the years.
Recently he had an antique sofa and chair that belonged to our grandmother Crum reupholstered. His bed is also a Crum family piece of furniture. That's something he and I have always shared - a love of old. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...