Friday, March 20, 2015

Only Objects but Full of Meaning



"These are my treasures, and I love them all...they fill my home with mirth."
-George E. Davenport

artist Cheryl Lane

Small framed art came from Frisco Mercantile in Texas. It made me think of spring.


Sign and C letter(cut from a Reader's Digest) were other Mercantile finds.
Lauren, Pennee, and I were together for a short afternoon shopping excursion to check out this one store. It was an enjoyable hour that lingers as a memory.


My Willow Tree collection got a new member on Monday. On that day I met Alice and Carla in Jackson for lunch at The Carriage House Tearoom. They stunned me with a surprise gift. It's the seated Mother and Daughter figurine, second one from the left. They explained it was given in memory of my mother and for the close bond she and I shared. 

This flower frog with the pink embellishments was a sweet little find at Yarbro's Antique Mall in Jackson.


In the background is a Goodwill find. The file rack holds sets of tags.

frames over in the studio

Bird girl statue may soon leave the art room for a spot in the garden.

Today is the first day of spring. Hooray!!!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...