Sunday, August 16, 2009

Four Powerful Verses

Do not ask me to remember.
Don't try to make me understand.
Let me rest and know you're with me.
Kiss my cheek and hold my hand.


I'm confused beyond your concept.
I am sad and sick and lost.
All I know is that I need you
To be with me at all cost.


Do not lose your patience with me.
Do not scold or curse or cry.
I can't help the way I'm acting,
Can't be different 'though I try.


Just remember that I need you,
That the best of me is gone.
Please don't fail to stand beside me,
Love me 'til my life is done.


~Author Unknown



This poem was sent to me by my new friend Jan who I met only recently in Nashville. Her mother has Alzheimer's, too, and she knows firsthand the heartbreak of the final stage. Thank you, Jan, for keeping your promise. You knew this powerful message would help me. I am posting it in case someone else out in blogland needs to hear these words.

1 comment:

Mscutiepatootie said...

Sandy, what a treasure. My dad does not have Alzheimer's but at 94 much of it fits. Thanks for posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...