Friday, August 7, 2009

Come In




This entry hall rug was one of those spur-of-the-moment buys. I was on a day bus trip with my mom and a bunch of other ladies. On the way home we stopped at a gift shop crammed full of old and new merchandise. The owner had many gorgeous rugs hanging on a display rack. I flipped through them hurriedly never expecting to fall in love with this one on the spot. I debated with myself for a few minutes, but knew also I couldn't leave it behind. Such encounters don't happen that often to me...so a credit card came to my rescue that day and helped me to act boldly. The colors and design were pleasing then and are now. There's usually a story with every furnishing in the house...that's something I treasure as I look around and remember where and when.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...