Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Gardening Journals




I just came in from outside. Perfect day... warm sunshine and light breezes. I pulled out last year's journal to review the order of blooms. These journals were purchased at a Dollar Tree store, and for years I didn't know what to do with them. But when I started gardening, they came in handy for writing notes and pasting pictures. Now I had a record of what plants performed well.


"The best thing about being a gardener is never feeling at a loss for a friend or an occupation. And working in the earth gives one a sense of peace and serenity that nothing else can equal."
-Joanna Reed
Below that quote in my 2008 journal I wrote: Is gardening really that powerful? I sure hope so because this could be the year I need its power to give me that sense of peace and serenity.
It is now 2009, and I am feeling the same way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...