Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Utility Room Tour

Come on inside.

The two shelves above the washer and dryer hold school mementoes.

I started a collection of schoolhouses while I was teaching.


A few favorite titles...I probably read Ellen Tebbits orally to every class. Caddie Woodlawn was
another one I shared orally many times. Students loved hearing a chapter each day after lunch.

Old school bell, books, and game pieces are special keepsakes.



In this room are framed drawings by former students, my own children, and grandchildren.



Early in my teaching career my parents gave me these old school desks. Now the grandkids like to sit here and draw.

These 1976 crayon racks have seen a lot of use.




The grandkids usually spend a part of their visits inside the utility room. They write, color, play, and pretend. Well, that's the grand tour of a very important room here at our house. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandy...what a cute room!
..am sure the grandkids will have fun memories of creating there
..I had those old school desks too
..thanks for the tour!:)
Summer

Anonymous said...

Sandy, I have a collection of Crayola tins. I'll take a picture of them and send it to you. Hugs, Nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...