Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Handmade Cradles





Both cradles mean a lot to me...the fact that my dad made them. I have no real recollection of that long ago Christmas when I received the doll cradle. Today it has a special place on a closet shelf and holds some very old books and travel albums. The big cradle I asked him to make when I was expecting my first child. I didn't want anything elaborate...just a simple cradle that would blend with my then colonial house and furnishings. Both of my children slept in it as infants for a short time. Now it sits in one corner of the master bedroom of this house and holds family quilts.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sandy, love the cradles and the quilts. I too have cradles that my father made, one for my daughter when she was born and later one for her dolls. I treasure them even more since he passed away last year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...