Monday, February 16, 2009

Collecting








I think collecting is a pleasant pastime. Since I've been at it for years my collections are more or less finished(well, almost...still looking...can't help myself ). For as long as I can remember my mom has always had cups and saucers... a few sat on top of the upright piano we had for my early piano lessons(one of my biggest regrets later in life... stopping those lessons). She gathered more and more over the years, but many of hers I didn't like at all. In fact, for a long time I didn't understand why she collected cups and saucers...until one day I spied a cup and saucer that fascinated me due to its colors and pattern. It was made in Occupied Japan. Upon closer inspection it even had a tiny chip on one side of the cup. But I loved the delicate flowers, brought my first cup and saucer home, and was hooked! Now I have a deeper appreciation of my mother's collection. Not too long ago she wanted me to chose some from her collection. I acquired some lovely ones...all the lovelier because they came from Mom.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...