Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nature's gifts






Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved pine trees. My brother and I used to climb to the very tops of them on my grandparents' farm in Louisiana. In grammar school my classmates and I would take the dry needles and construct "rooms" on the playground. I remember making pinecone turkeys for take-home art around the Thanksgiving holidays. Now that I'm a lot older I gather pinecones to decorate my home. Sometimes I leave them in their natural state . . . other times I coat them with gold spray paint. Where we live now there are several tall pine trees that provide an abundance of cones. My husband remembers planting those trees on his aunt and uncle's property when he was about fourteen years old. Those tiny pines have grown to be the giants of the yard.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

oh i love pine trees...they remind me of growing up in east texas. my mother still brings me baskets full of them, she has very tall pines on her land. we use them for fire kindling. also like to dip them in scented wax, smells so good when they burn....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...