Friday, November 21, 2008

Day of Memories


Simple everyday activities are now memorable. I took my mom to her regular hair appointment. Then we stopped by a florist shop to see the decorated trees, browsed inside another store, and ate lunch at a local restaurant. Today is my mother's 86th birthday. She has Alzheimer's, and this disease has altered her life as well as mine. Coming home I baked one of her favorite cakes. Little things . . . a phone call from her brother, cards in the mail, a hug, the spoken "I love you". . . are not little at all.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sandy, your post makes me tear up...I'm so sorry your Mom has that awful disease, but I know she is very blessed to have you in her life....
big hugs,
Andrea

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...