Sunday, March 8, 2020

Houses Through the Years

The houses I'm about to show were places I lived with my parents.




I do not remember my very first home in Bastrop, Louisiana.


The first home I do remember was built by my dad in Swartz, Louisiana.
Carpentry work was one of my dad's many talents. But he decided to change jobs and became a dispatcher for Texas Gas Company.

Many happy days were spent riding bikes, playing basketball and softball, swinging, exploring on our six acres, attending school functions, and being with neighborhood friends.






 My dad was transferred to Eunice, Louisiana. It was the hardest move because  my brother and I loved our Swartz school and friends.





 At first we rented this L-shaped house and enjoyed the neighborhood.
But we were to leave Yukon Street and move to another rental across town.


This photo on North Eighth St. was taken years after we lived there. 
There were once trees along the sidewalk, and those trees were such fun to climb. And the sidewalks were ideal for roller skating. I made new friends in sixth grade and hated to leave them.

The next transfer brought us to Memphis, Tennessee, to a subdivision called Westwood. This time we did not rent. Our Parkrose house was home throughout my junior high and high school years.





After my graduation my dad was transferred to Covington, Tennessee. They would live in three different places in Covington while I was away at college in Jackson, TN, and later living in Dyersburg, TN. 


Fleming Drive



Highway 51



Highway 59


Their last home in Covington was located on Walters Street.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...