Saturday, March 14, 2020

Being At Home

We all may be spending more time at home due to the coronavirus.



Reading and painting keep me happy on most days.





The cover of this novel attracted my attention. The story held my interest, but it won't be a book I'll keep on my bookshelf.


I continue to go through memorabilia. Yesterday I returned to my college days by reading old letters I had written home to my mom and dad and also those my mother had written to me. My dad's handwriting only showed up in one.
For a little while I visited a much sweeter time. Oh, how much phone calls and letters meant during those years. It was a time of dresses and hose, lengthy reading assignments and papers to write, bowling and movie dates, campus activities, and dorm fun. One day I may do away with the letters, but not yet.
They allowed me to relive a very special time in my life. Little details I had forgotten were brought back to life. 

I took so much for granted in my twenties, thirties, and forties. 

I am trying to cherish each and every day now that I am older. I have been blessed beyond measure to have made it seven decades.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...