Thursday, August 22, 2019

Painting and Tutoring

It has been a while since I carved out some time to paint. A visitor to my studio on Sunday is probably the reason I'm back at it. She liked many of my paintings. 

This painting of a barn I decided to redo. A happy childhood memory was the hayloft at my grandparents' farm in Louisiana. My brother and I would climb there to enjoy the view from up high. We also liked to climb trees for that feeling of being way up in the air. We had a lot of freedom in those days to explore. Miraculously we survived without mishaps. This barn painting makes me recall those wonderful experiences on the farm.

  


I picked up a small canvas at Goodwill for one dollar, painted over it, and tried this angel pose.




This one was quick and fun. I used cut up plastic pieces dipped in paint for the haystack and pitchforks and an owl that was cut from a magazine.



I emptied out the suitcase of old teaching materials. Now I'm using it as an end table for my coffee. This week I've been in teacher mode to help Lucas with a few of his third grade lessons.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...