Thursday, August 15, 2019

A Few Changes

This bookshelf was given to me by my former mother-in-law. I had children's books on it for a long time. Now it's being used in the kitchen to display some of my bowl collection.

 It was Xenia King's bedside table when she was a little girl growing up in Boston, Massachusetts. She kept her storybooks on the shelves. She gave me three of her childhood books that have her young signature inside. (I need to search for them; they are stored away somewhere around here. A future post may be about her, those storybooks, and other mementos she shared.)


I took the Flea Market sign down from the corner cupboard in the apartment and brought it to the top of the hutch. You can tell some of the things I love to collect from the displays on the hutch.



Old and new blocks were dumped into this recent basket purchase.
I liked that the basket had a lid and handles.



Finally this golden rooster is a new addition to the kitchen windowsill.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...