Saturday, August 4, 2018

Scattered Thoughts

I don't miss the work load of a classroom teacher. For 33 years I carried it, and my 20's, 30's, and 40's slipped away. But a part of me misses those professional years, guiding young minds in their academic studies and inspiring them by example.


These guys are ready for a new school year.
second grade

sixth grade



A vendor had a 50% off sale so I got this clear relish tray for $1.50.
Now I have three of these across my closet desktop. Three makes a collection. Plus there's no more room on the desktop.



This green one is special because it belonged to my brother's late wife Carolyn.

This one I found at an Indiana antique mall on a shopping trip with my cousins.

You can tell I like trinkets and memories.


Time in the art room is always a pleasure. The next three pictures are recent additions to my art journal.





I have decided keeping plants alive is not my thing. I have even given up on my few patio plants.
 I wanted to look out each morning and see gorgeous blooms.
It is not happening.



This morning I watched reruns of HGTV Fixer Upper. Love this house!



2 comments:

mary Eldred said...

love the picture with the bird! I miss the first day of school and meeting all the new students. I really miss teaching American History. The kids were so interested. it made teaching fun.

BitsAndPieces said...

Sometimes, Mary, it seems like a dream.
Was I really in charge of those young lives?
Where did the years go? I miss being
a classroom teacher, but I don't think
I could handle it now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...