Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Childhood is fleeting

I was very fortunate because I didn't have any cares or worries during childhood. My early life was simple and carefree. My parents made sure we were fed, clothed, and loved. My older brother and I shared many adventures on a six acre site. The neighborhood provided playmates and security. 



Grandson Nicolas had a birthday celebration on Sunday. On Monday he officially became eleven years old. My, how fast those eleven years passed!
His young world is so different from the one I experienced. He will have challenges I never had to face. 






















Hopefully his artistic ability will not fade. I chose art supplies as part of his birthday gift.



I was in the art room today, but creative juices did not flow. One art journal page received some paint and and a couple of cutout images for a collage. Left it in an unfinished state. We'll see what tomorrow brings.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...