Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Moods

You will be able to tell from these art journal pages what sort of mood I was in for part of the day.












On Instagram I shared two photos that hold dear memories.


Letters, numbers, library books...the stuff of school memories

One of my fondest recollections was selecting books from the bookmobile. It would stop at our driveway and was such a treat to climb aboard, check out a stack of books, and experience the joy of reading about other people.

More school memories...

my 1962 Citizenship Award in eighth grade

my mom's P. T. A. Merit Award from 1959

Speaking of mom, she came to my rescue in fifth grade(and of course, many other times). Our class had a unit of study about colonial times. Making samplers was the project assigned to the girls. I volunteered, not knowing anything about making one. She drew this colonial scene and taught me the basic embroidery stitches. This was my first piece of embroidery...a special memory...a bit of childhood saved in an old wood frame. It's personal treasures like these that make our homes unique.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...