Friday, May 12, 2017

Fun Finds

Besides visiting and dining on the Indiana trip there was also some time for treasure hunting. 

At Bernie's in Jeffersonville, IN, many things were marked down because the place is closing. I chose a turned wooden bowl, a colorful Cola opener, and an earthenware pitcher. The plastic rack was free.

At Vendors' Village in Clarksville, IN, I found the following items.

vintage Japanese vanity tray



two hardback library books

These were two editions I once read in grammar school.
The bookmobile would visit our community and what a treat it was to get and read books.

On the way home my brother wanted to stop at an antique mall in TN that he and Carolyn had visited several times in the past. He kept telling me it was a true antique mall. And he was right! I want to go back to Goodlettsville Antique Mall and mill around in there for hours. I made two purchases. The metal vase was quite heavy, and its shape and color won me over. The Pfaltzgraff wooden box and design matched kitchenware I already have.


I have already found spots for my new "treasures." If and when I should tire of them, they are possible additions to my booth.

Thrifting with my cousins and brother was a lot of fun. Each of us found something we liked.
  

1 comment:

mary Eldred said...

It is great you and Ronnie both like to go junking. The shops sound wonderful. I especially like the ones going out of business!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...