Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Tradition

My husband's birthday was yesterday. Therefore, it was time for his favorite cookies.



Last night we were at a gathering of family and friends. I know I am blessed that Corkey is with me. One person in the group recently lost her husband. There's a sadness about her that was never there before. She is bravely coping.


I am trying to live in the moment and cherish this time with the special people I know and love. But it's a hard thing to do when past and future thoughts creep into your head. 


This year is passing quickly. September already!! The holiday stretch begins...Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Not to mention family birthdays that are ahead...Lauren in September; Jo, Jason, and Chance in October; Ryan in November; and Lester in December. Plus four of the grandchildren have birthdays in these months. 


Have a wonderful week. It's sure to be a fast one. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...