Monday, April 8, 2013

Dividing My Time

Mild April days have enticed me to go outside and see what's beginning to grow. It will be a few more weeks before perennials start showing off.  Right now a few weeds and too many leaves are in my flowerbeds.

 
 
 
 
 
While inside I have been going through stuff from years ago like scrapbooks, cards, etc. I am earnestly trying to reduce sentimental material, but am finding it very difficult. One bright spot about being a packrat. Sometimes you run across something you had completely forgotten about and are rewarded with a bit of information. For a long time I have wondered about the cost of my 1971 wedding dress. There in an old scrapbook that's falling apart and has crumbling pages was a store receipt from B. Lowensteins  and Brothers of Memphis, TN. Mystery solved. 
 
   
       

 
 
Hopefully one of these days I will have the nerve to toss a lot of stuff from the past. For now I'm taking it slow and making a little bit of progress. 
 
 
 
 
The Coin
Sara Teasdale
 
Into my heart's treasury
I slipped a coin
That time cannot take
Nor a thief purloin,-
Oh, better than the minting
Of a gold-crowned king
Is the safe-kept memory
Of a lovely thing.
                                                          

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...