Friday, April 19, 2013

Getaway Day

I was on the road yesterday in order to meet up with two  dear friends for lunch, conversation, and shopping. It was odd to be back in the college town where we met.  The town has changed and grown, and so have we! Bargain hunting at Goodwill was very  worthwhile. I found a plate, brush, small jar, and glass dome. We also browsed inside the mall. Sure missed Woolworth's and Kirkland's... two favorite hangouts from college days.  

 
I am rearranging my jewelry pieces and using butterpats and saucers to display them. The handpainted dish was sweet, pretty, and so cheap.
 
The glass dome was just the right size to fit over a compote I already had.
 
It's amazing how a little bit of silver polish will take away a lot of tarnish. 
 
 
one of my favorite things
straw picnic baskets
 
This one I spotted at Plantation Antiques earlier in the week. Can't seem to pass these up...they're wonderful for storage.
 
Already the weekend is here. Have a good one! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy

..I am the same way with those picnic baskets..just
can't pass them up..stack them like you too

..always enjoy your posts!

..be well
Summer

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...