Monday, October 22, 2012

Two for One

Sunday afternoon I attended a bridal shower. I am probably way behind on this, but I learned something new.
 
I had never seen a cake plate stand used as a punch bowl. The food table was a lovely presentation of tasty treats, and the punch offering was at a side table. When the young hostess went to lift the bowl for additional servings, I was amazed to see that it was an inverted cake stand. Later when I was home, I had to test out this clever idea. 









I tried a couple of different arrangements in the bowl. Now I need to get that punch recipe from the hostesses. They said they found it online, and although they rattled off the ingredients, I need to make sure about it since it was simply delicious. 

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Isn't that cool?! The only reason I knew this already was from seeing it on the box when my mother gave me a cake plate like that for Christmas one year ;)
xoxo

Joy said...

Is it rare to use a punch bowl or cake plate? I love all the uses especially for arrangements. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Impressive publish! STICK WITH IT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...