Friday, May 14, 2010

The Desk






Though not the desk of my dreams from all the magazine clippings I have saved over the years, it nevertheless pleases me. Yesterday my husband surprised me by saying, "Let's go get your layaway desk." He surprised me even more by not hating it. It's a refinished black and natural wood secretary desk from Maryland, or so the tag says. I was surprised by how much the black appealed to me...loved some of the details...wasn't too massive...and the price had been significantly reduced. Some of my journals were too large to stand upright on the shelves so I had to stack them or turn a few on their side. The drawers and cubbyholes are yet to be filled...I'm looking forward to that and to lots of writing enjoyment at my new/old desk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your desk! And I bet you were surprised by Dad's offer, lol. I'm jealous, you know how much I love black, and it does go with the natural wood really, really well.

Love you!
L

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...