Sunday, May 23, 2010

A boy, a knight, and hay bales

Grandson Garrett spent the afternoon at our house. He and I made a visit to the health care center to see my mom. She was amazed at how much he has grown. Then we stopped by the antique place. It was his first time to go with me. He checked out booth after booth and spied something he wanted on the upper level. Luckily the knight he desired was only $2 due to many chipped spots on the chalk figure. Ah, the magic of Rub 'n Buff Gold Leaf and a black Sharpie marker. He spent time playing inside and outside, always on the go and constantly hungry. He was energy, fun, and sweetness.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, that grandson is huge! What's he eating now? Whole cows?!!!

Love always,
L

Unknown said...

Sandy, you are very blessed. Garrett sounds like pure joy, he reminds me of my youngest son Shawn, now 25. Same build, always hungry. When ever we would leave the house in the car he would have to bring a sandwich, we called it road food. I think it so sweet that he found something at the antique store. A good find too.

hugs,'beth

Mscutiepatootie said...

Sandy, that night looks exactly like something my son, Chris would have chosen at that age. Memories :) Hugs, Nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...