Our weather is very cool today. I took an exercise walk this morning and managed eight laps. The pebbles on the wood post helped me count them off. After each completed lap I placed a pebble from the driveway on the log. My goal is to continue with these daily walks and lose ten pounds. I hate to admit how long I've been trying to lose these same ten pounds. Thank goodness, we put stakes in the ground to support the peonies. I think they will have gorgeous blooms in a few days. The irises are blooming right now. A few of them were toppled to the ground due to the strong winds. Winds probably contributed to a fallen bird's nest in the front yard and a broken egg shell in the back. Now that I'm inside I should do some cleaning, but...my feelings are like the message below. I don't know who wrote it, but I sure like the writer.
Dust If You Must
- Life is short. Enjoy it! Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better to paint a picture or write a letter, bake a cake or plant a seed, ponder the difference between want and need?
- Dust if you must, but there's not much time, with rivers to swim and mountains to climb, music to hear and books to read, friends to cherish and life to lead.
- Dust if you must, but the world's out there with the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair, a flutter of snow, a shower of rain. This day will not come around again.
- Dust if you must, but bear in mind, old age will come and it's not kind. And when you go - and go you must - you, yourself will make more dust!
- Remember: A house becomes a home when you can write "I love you" on the furniture.