Saturday, May 2, 2009

Soggy Saturday

Peony

Iris

Geranium


Yesterday I snapped a few pictures of blooms...good thing because last night and today those same blooms got pelted with lots of rain. In the late afternoon we ate pizza, watched the Kentucky Derby, and devoured a warm egg custard pie. Here's the recipe used by my husband's mother and later passed on to us -

Egg Custard Pie
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of milk
3 eggs
1/4 tsp. of nutmeg
1 tsp. of vanilla
Mix eggs and sugar until creamy
Add nutmeg and vanilla
Scald milk (do not boil)
Add milk to other mixture
Pour into a thawed unbaked 9" pie shell
Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes
Reduce to 325 degrees and cook about 20 minutes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...wish you could post the smell of that peony!haha..one of my favorite smells that I haven't smelled for years..and the taste of the pie YUM!
Summer

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy, thank you for understanding. And I really loved the quote from Anne Frank. Being about in Gods wonderful imagination (nature) is such a blessing, I am looking forward to it. Your flowers are lovely, wish I could grow them here. Thanks for sharing friend.

beth

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...