Saturday, May 7, 2022

Mother's Day Thoughts

 Tomorrow is a special day for mothers. It brings happiness as well as sadness. For those of us whose moms are no longer with us, it stirs up many emotions. I miss my mother more with each passing year. We didn't always agree, but I know her love for me was deep and lasting. One Mother's Day I made a Memory Jar for her. I hope she liked it, but I don't remember her making any special comments about it. When she passed away the jar came back to me. This afternoon I decided to take the slips of paper out of the jar, spread them out on the bed, and reread them. Yes, I miss all the lovely ways we were bonded as mother and daughter.

The idea came from a magazine article.





 This morning we took roses(those knockout roses Jo once planted on Mother's Day in 2016 have really grown) to the cemetery for Corkey's mother. She loved Corkey dearly, and he felt the same about her.


My parents' graves are in Oak Grove, Louisiana. Would love to make a return trip to Louisiana and visit a few places with special memories.


Tomorrow we are having lunch with Lauren, Justin, his mom Jan, and Tallulah. Hope you have pleasant plans for tomorrow's special day. Love, Sandy


2 comments:

mary Eldred said...

what a lovely Mother's Day post.

BitsAndPieces said...

Thanks so much, Mary.
It was a special day.
It was fun to see Tallulah
in a dress I had picked
out for her. She is so precious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...