Friday, January 7, 2022

January Vibes



 


I love these late afternoon sky colors viewed from my own backyard.

The cold weather makes me wistful for summer.



I've been trying to move things around inside the house. I guess it amounts to wanting to look at something different.

A couple of things on the mantel are new...sort of. I bought the old brick mold,
and the two other wooden pieces were gifts from my brother's friend Leslie. Her ex-husband has made many lovely wood objects.
  



Deciding to keep this simple nativity out year round, it ended up on the top of the piano.




The angel canvas came out of my bedroom closet. It was one of the first angels I ever painted and maybe my favorite.


These tiny red leather books were displayed at Christmastime, and I've decided to leave them out for a while. They came from my dad's parents' home. I had many more of the Little Blue Books from my grandmother Crum and regret selling groups of them at the booth, especially the poetry ones.

Oh well, I have too much stuff anyway. Two trunks finally went home with son Ryan this week. He will have the "fun" part of deciding what to discard and what to keep from all the toys, books, school papers, yearbooks, etc.

Now I need to keep working on reducing my own personal items.
Easier said than done!


1 comment:

mary Eldred said...

i am trying to do the same thing. it is hard

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...