Friday, December 3, 2021

Merry Decorating

 December is certainly the best time of the year to celebrate and go a little crazy with decorating. I am still trying out different ideas. What you see today may change tomorrow, but it's fun to piddle with arrangements. I enjoy looking through old December issues to inspire and motivate me to change.



Instead of the brass deer on top of the piano I decided to use "Santa's Ice-Capades."
Years ago I bought the skating Santa at a gift shop in Bartlett. I was fascinated by all the details in this figurine.

The glass tree collection has been gathered over the years.



Below is a new decoration I purchased at Burkes Outlet for its simplicity in telling the real reason we celebrate Christmas. 

The wood and metal are very striking together. This is resting on a tabletop beside some books and a reading lamp.



The desk in my clothes closet got a new look. Jason applied black gel paint to the very top and to the writing surface.  



I almost hate to junk it up with my desk stuff.





More merry decorating to come...

2 comments:

mary Eldred said...

love it all!!

BitsAndPieces said...

Thank you so much, Mary. Your lovely angel card arrived.

Your cards are always treasures.

I'm hanging this year's Christmas cards around
the opening between the den and living room.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...