Tuesday, November 9, 2021

It's That Time Again

 Every November I enjoy filling a girl and a boy shoebox for Operation Christmas Child. I always wonder who will receive the boxes. 



The trees are turning golden. Love to witness this change every year.





Though a bit chilly in the mornings I put on a jacket and walk for exercise. The shadows remind me of that childhood poem "My Shadow" by Robert Louis Stevenson.



"The funniest thing about him is the way he likes to grow -

Not at all like proper children, which is always very slow;

For he sometimes shoots up taller like an India-rubber ball,

And he sometimes gets so little that there's none of him at all."

(Verse 2 of the poem)


Inside I've been moving things around. Soon there will be other changes as Christmas decorating gets underway after Thanksgiving.





Oh, one more thing. A little visitor was here today. Bliss! I was so busy talking, reading, and playing with her that I forgot to snap a quick picture. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...