Sunday, July 19, 2020

Love of Chairs, Desks, Washstands, etc.

I definitely like old furniture pieces. I have dragged several pieces around with every house move. One of the first antique chairs I purchased was a Windsor.
Here it is in my first apartment.

And here it is now beside my bed.


 I've been changing chairs around this Sunday afternoon. The Windsor was by this desk in the guest bedroom.

 Several cane chairs I acquired from my parents. My dad's mother had them first in her Indiana home.



This chair belonged to my mother. I think she found it on one of her many antiquing adventures. I always admired its simple form. Sometimes I wish I had spacious rooms to showcase these lovely old pieces.


This cane bottom one I bought myself at an antique shop that was once open in Henning, TN. Another of my first antique buys, and therefore a dear memory.

This rocker is now fragile with broken spindles. It was my grandmother Crum's rocker, and I used it when Ryan and Lauren were babies. The wide seat was very comfortable. It is rarely used now, but it's a handsome antique with special memories.

This Lincoln rocker reproduction bought years ago has held up well.


What can I say? 
There's something about a chair.
Wish we could pull up a pair and talk a while.

1 comment:

mary Eldred said...

i was going to comment on my favorite one, but I liked so many of them I couldn't decide!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...