Thursday, June 7, 2018

Speaking of Barns

Visits to my grandparents held special childhood memories. And barns played a part in those memories. 


My dad helped build this simple house for my grandparents in Louisiana.
He also made those Adirondack chairs on the small porch. The house had a living room, kitchen, bathroom, and two bedrooms. In the left side of the picture you can see the barn in the background. My brother and I would climb up to the hayloft and look out. 



This photo shows the barn and shed.





My grandparents in Indiana had a more stately home.

The information below was in a research paper my cousin wrote about the life of Clara Crum, my dad's mother. This is an excerpt from the paper about the farm, barn, and outbuildings.



These photos were taken in 1974.





This group of photos was taken in 1976.





This storage shed was close to the main house.
I remember entering that door on the right and seeing stacks of old books. I was fascinated by them and many other things that were on this farm.



Sadly these loved ones as well as these dear home places are gone. One clear thing I've learned about life...it is always changing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...