Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Filling in the Blanks

Amazing how days turn into weeks, and then even more amazing is how an entire month has become history. This  journey called Life moves on at a fast pace with seasonal changes marking time. Several hours have been spent in the _________(garden).  The first blooms of spring always prove exciting.













Yesterday was a beautiful day for my drive to Jackson for a scheduled luncheon date with two friends from college. Every time I take this route I am reminded of how young I was when I first drove my pale blue Falcon to Lambuth College. Those were the __________(days)

Alice and I
See the magazine picture on the bulletin board...that's the one I had framed.
We were really into travel posters back then. Don't know what happened to them.


Back to the present. After lunch at Rafferty's and coffee at Carriage House Antiques we had to go our separate ways. I visited Yarbro's Antiques by myself before heading homeward.


Two purchases ended up in my art space... a tiered display stand and a sugar mold. Because one vendor was closing up her booth at Yarbro's I was able to get the stand. It didn't take me long to fill it up with supplies. 




I've been looking at sugar molds for a long time. They are versatile pieces. For now mine is serving as a holder for art brushes.


I spent some of ______(todayorganizing paints, sharpening colored pencils, and rearranging odds and ends in the studio.






Well, I did create this blog post. Maybe tomorrow art. I've enjoyed filling you in on my days. Hope your days are filling up in ways you enjoy.  Talk again soon.

1 comment:

A bird in the hand said...

I really enjoyed this "tour". And the photos! We must be of the same generation (the poster generation - haha!).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...