Friday, January 8, 2016

Slow Start

I'm off to a slow start this January. Once Christmas decor came down...what then...? I still can't figure out what I want to use for displays and decorations.
However, I'll share a few changes.


I wanted to find an oil painting with cows in a peaceful pasture or by a stream, but alas, I had to be happy with a dog painting for Corkey. It was a Christmas surprise, but he claims I bought it for myself. Well, the price was just too good to not buy. The handsome frame was worth what I paid. I thought thirty dollars was a bargain.

oil painting on bedroom mantel



Years ago my friend Carla bought this sign at Kirkland's in Jackson. I envied hers and searched for one of my own.  It took a very long time to find another. In fact, it was Carla who stumbled across it when we were shopping At Carriage House Antiques during our November reunion days in Jackson.

 I decided to hang the sign in the kitchen near the back door.





This magazine rack was made by my dad. I had been using it over in the art nook, but now it's in our den near my easy chair. It needs to be painted, but I'm hesitant to change it. 


Speaking of art, I finally got the paints out to try a technique I saw in a magazine.



Using cardboard scraps and bubble wrap I have a new abstract painting.



I'm still trying to come up with something for the den mantel. It needs a complete makeover. Maybe inspiration will strike when I least expect it.




Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...