Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Old and New

Recently I made a trip to Charlene's with a new friend. This was our first outing together. After lunch at the Just Divine Tea Room we made our way over to the main store. Most of the rooms were beautifully decorated for Christmas. There was one section with marked down Halloween merchandise. Below you see what decoration captured my attention. The very vintage look of this new garland won me over.  We also stopped at Outside The Box in Ripley before calling it a day.



 On another day with antiquing buddy Linda I was introduced to a special locale for treasure hunters. At Tricie's Treasures City Market and Antique Mall we browsed booth after booth. This squirrel candle holder was one of several finds, including a brass deer, an oval wood display stand, two handmade pot holders, and two vintage Christmas ornaments. 



I'm trying to decide on a centerpiece for the dining table. I believe I'm going to go with the turkey planter, pumpkins, and pine cone...all readily available from my storage closet. 






November will always hold special memories for me...my son's birthday falls on November 2; my mother's birthday was on November 21; my first wedding took place on November 23; my own birthday on November 29; and of course, THANKSGIVING.

Have a wonderful week! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...