Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Another Day

How are you? Is it cold where you happen to be? This little plant in my utility room window reminds me that warmer days are coming.

As many of you know, my mother's health continues to decline. Every time the phone rings, I dread answering it. To have a loved one lose their memory is absolutely heartbreaking. It gets harder and harder for me to watch as my mom's personality disappears.
 
 
Also her physical condition is extremely fragile. I appreciate and admire the aides and nurses who care for Mother and all the other elderly patients. Watching them lift and move weak patients is amazing;they do such a smooth transfer from wheelchair to bed. 
 
 
I believe January is one of the best months for reading. I am glad my love of reading was nurtured years ago when I was a little girl. I remember what a thrill it was when the bookmobile would stop in front of our house in Swartz, Louisiana. Now I probably have too many books, but I can't part with many of them.
 
 A few have special significance.
 
 Some have been lovely gifts.

Some were inexpensive finds at stores like Goodwill.
 
Speaking of finds, I chose this tin pail recently to use as a wastecan in the guest bedroom. Each side shows children climbing trees and swinging...reminders of my own childhood.
 
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...