Tuesday, September 24, 2013

When A Chair Is More Than A Chair



When the light filtered through this window, I knew I wanted this picture. Only after I had snapped the picture did I realize that the light also revealed spider webs and dust. But no matter...it is the chair that's most important.
 
 
You see, this rocker belonged to my father's mother. My dad bequeathed it to me when I was expecting my first child. I was blessed to rock first my son and then my daughter in it. The wide seat and tall back made it very comfortable. A couple of spindles have broken away from the arm.
 
 
The old rocker stays in a bedroom that my mother no longer occupies. It is retired from service for the time being.  It provokes special memories and keeps its tenure. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...