Monday, August 12, 2013

In Search of Treasures

One of the best things about a blog is sharing "what makes your heart flutter."  For me that's searching for items to add to the booth and also seeking out personal objects for decorating here at home. Sometimes after living with pieces for a while, I make the decision to part with them,
so that they become merchandise for the booth.

I stumbled across this figurine for one dollar at a flea market. On the bottom was "Made in Occupied Japan." Because the angel figure was playing a violin, it made me think of my father. He used to play that instrument as well as the banjo and mandolin. 


This tiny heart candlestick was another dollar bargain from Goodwill. I hung a tag from it and don't plan to add a candle.    









Another little inexpensive find
was this 2002 Williamsburg decorative
message.



This was my largest purchase in size (18x22) and cost ($3).




 


A story goes with this purchase. There was a huge pile of framed pictures. Most did not have a price. I took this one up to the front desk and inquired about prices. He asked   how much I wanted to pay for it. I told him I was after a real bargain and hesitated before offering the low figure of three dollars.  The tree made me smile when I first saw it, and the price did, too!    


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...