Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Days of Quiet

A homebody is what I have been for several days.
 



Reading has been a part of my quiet days. I enjoyed Icy Sparks by Gwyn Hyman Rubio and Friends Forever by Danielle Steel. These were two paperbacks I came across, and they proved to be good summer reads. The book Jesus Calling was a gift and has proven to be a real joy. I read from it each morning. This devotional is by Sarah Young and gives a message for every day of the year. She writes in the introduction, "These messages are meant to be read slowly, preferably in a quiet place. I invite you to keep a journal to record any thoughts or impressions you receive as you wait in His Presence. Remember that Jesus is Emmanuel, God with us. May He bless you with His Presence and Peace in ever-increasing measure."



Wishing you comfort and peace,
Sandy

 


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...