Saturday, July 27, 2013

Christmas in July

Recently when I was with my friend Mary, she began to tell another friend about the Christmas banner we had created together. Because she liked the MERRY one I had made, I gave it to her along with some extra letters I had on hand. Mary added CHRISTMAS and embellished the whole thing. She hung it in her dining room window during the holidays and sent me a photo in her Christmas card.





 


Hearing Mary talk
about the banner made me start thinking about creating one to use this Christmas at my house. Maybe between now and Christmas I can find a few more embellishments to complete mine. Here's what I have put together so far -





Planning on using this post card to fit between the words Merry Christmas. I used some of Mary's ideas to help me with letters, like the "I" with the corner buttons. So glad I bought that cute little jar of buttons back earlier in the summer because it had the two larger buttons I placed on the tag. 


Wonder where Mary will hang hers this Christmas as she has moved into a different house...wonder where I will hang mine...

1 comment:

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Love it...it will be Christmas before we know it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...